Black Star Pastry Review

I can finally say that I have been to Black Star Pastry. A lot of people know it, it so famous and the food and its quality  is unparalleled with any other patisserie in the area, and perhaps even state. I'm sure that if you're reading this then at least 100 bloggers will share the same opinion as me, so this is going to be a 'review' without being too repetitive because I don't want to bore you.
Located on Australia St, Black Star Pastry is pretty much opposite the station, you can also bus it from the city/Usyd so to an extent it is in an accessible location. Dining is minimal so I suggest you get takeaway although if you get coffee on the go then you can't appreciate the coffee art.  
My precious cargo during the train trip home- they're so fragile
Strawberry Watermelon Cake with Rose Scented Cream $7 per slice
Cake consists of two layers of Almond Dacquoise, fresh whipped cream, watermelon, strawberries, Iranian pistachios and rose petals.
I find it so hard to dub something the 'best .......' but this cake is definitely one of the best cakes out there, it is so refreshing and light as well. If you're dieting then prepare to have your self-restraint because just the very smell of this cake will make you want to grab the nearest spork/fork. What I found really interesting was the layer of watermelon wedged in the middle in between the adjacent cream and then almond dacquoise. If your eyes are deceiving you, it is an actual layer of the fruit, watermelon. 
As soon as I saw 'Shirley' written on their menu list I knew I just had to plan a third trip.
Presentation- LOVE IT!
Truffle Eclair $8.50 (only available during their annual truffle weekend)
My first truffle experience and I love it. I think you will see me at Black Star Pastry's next truffle weekend. To sum it up, I would say that this eclair was simply decadent, and truffle is said to make anything taste better. 

There were also specks of truffle in the cream
Ginger Ninja $4
Lamb Shank and Red Wine pie $7.80
You know I usually don't take photos of half-eaten food but I just had to make this the exception. Look at all that meat, did not have my 'Jake' moment and it was DIVINE. Like what everyone before, and those after will continue to say it, but THIS PIE IS SO GOOD. Words cannot do it justice, I am that serious. I would have raved about Bert's pie pastry had I not tried this. Black Star Pastry's puff pastry in this pie is on another level altogether. So add Black Star Pastry's watermelon cake and lamb shank pie onto your food wish list and go and try it for yourself. NB you should try and get in the morning or early lunch otherwise they'll be sold out, just last week they ran out of their watermelon cake by 1:30 pm and they make a lot of these so that's how hectic the demand is.

Black Star Pastry on Urbanspoon

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Updates

Meet The Author

Welcome to my blog and enjoy exploring my posts about food and fashion. And if you really must know more about me then you'll find an 'About me' tab at the top or if you're too lazy to do that then just click here


Lots of love

X

Shirley