The Bavarian Bier Cafe Review

One of the best things that I love about Bavarian Bier Cafe is perhaps the fact that it takes me out of my comfort zone- by that I mean your average customer is in their late 20s, 30s not really someone who is recently of age. Of course, I always profess that one should be responsible with alcohol and that it should only be consumed to celebrate or just simply to add to the dining experience with friends because for some reason everyone seems to either get along swell after a drink or two or the flip side could also eventuate which is why we are seeing a string of violence reports on news outlets.

Bavarian combines decent and cheap food with reasonably priced drinks.
 Loving the row of glasses on display, just the size of it all makes one awe at such a sight

 Cocktails during Happy Hour $10
Vanilla & Passionfruit Mojito- Bacardi (white rum), Vanilla, Passionfruit & Mint RRP 17,
Bubble Berry- Vodka, Cranberry Juice, Cobblestone NV Sparkling & Strawberries RRP 16
I'm not the biggest fan of vodka but it wasn't bad in my drink (the red one) and after a bit of stirring the vodka dispersed nicely into the drink. Note you do get a lot of strawberries bits which tend to clog the straw quite a bit, a change in straw size will be well appreciated.

$10 Schnitzel Burger with Swiss Cheese, Baby Cos Lettuce, Tomato and Aioli.

Thursday Special and the best thing of all is that everything pictured here costs $10 if you get it on any other day other than Thursday then expect to pay $20 instead. At first I was a bit hesitant in ordering a schnitzel burger particularly because the last time I was at Bavarian I had the Tuesday Schnitzel challenge and that was the last time I had schnitzel since and adding to that was my earlier meal just less than an hour earlier when I went to Hyde Park to try the Messina carnival treats. But once I start eating this burger (with a  knife and fork for that matter) it didn't take me long to devour it all. I would have loved for more vegetables but at $10 I'm not complaining, I'm not sure if it's the difference in chefs but I found the schnitzel at the York St store to be better than the one at Bondi Beach and by that I meant it seemed more succulent and less dry. Finally, the chips were also commendable the fact that they were served in a mini deep fryer basket added to the appeal. On that note, I don't think I will ever rate chips by using the word 'best' but rather good and poor.

Bavarian Bier Café York Street on Urbanspoon


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Updates

Meet The Author

Welcome to my blog and enjoy exploring my posts about food and fashion. And if you really must know more about me then you'll find an 'About me' tab at the top or if you're too lazy to do that then just click here


Lots of love

X

Shirley