Blackflower Patisserie Review


Truly a feast for the eyes
Tiramisu, approx $7
I guess what drew me to this was the mushroom on the top followed by the fungus bed, it was served in this black, plastic container so you really need a long spoon to get all the layers of the tiramisu. The green grass/fungus/whatever you want it to be, was actually made out of green tea which I though was quite cute. That said, from a taste perspective it did make your first few bites really bitter and it was only until you got into the cream that you started to get away from the bitterness of the green tea powder. I guess that goes with what I was saying in how practically it wasn't the smartest idea to have such a tall container. I don't mean to sound overtly criterial either, but for me, I didn't really enjoy the green tea with the rest of the tiramisu which didn't really seem too much like a tiramisu either because there wasn't that coffee or kahlua hit that I was expecting. 

Cheeseburger Macaron approx $3
I guess by now, if you are reading this, you are probably sick of people talking about macarons (reminds me of this article I read on good food.com.au about the most overrated foods as of late). Mind you I love them but I haven't had them in a long time and you should know that this is a severely long overdue blog post, think December last year so excuse my poor memory for being unsure of the exact prices. I really only tried this macaron for the novelty factor because it isn't everyday that you find a macaron that looks like a cheeseburger. Mind you, it tastes nothing like one and for $3 you are really only buying for the looks, I found the flavour lacking partially because when I was eating I didn't really no what I was meant to get out of it and I guess by extension from what I tried, that can be said of Blackflower as a whole. I think it really only lives up aesthetically but I am happy to be proven wrong.

Blackflower Patisserie on Urbanspoon


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Updates

Meet The Author

Welcome to my blog and enjoy exploring my posts about food and fashion. And if you really must know more about me then you'll find an 'About me' tab at the top or if you're too lazy to do that then just click here


Lots of love

X

Shirley