Because I find old stuff new



Fashion is confidence, no matter how ridiculous you look beauty is most definitely in the eye of the beholder. For me, there something so appealing about wearing vintage clothing, maybe it is a form of escapism to show how disillusioned I am with most of the clothes that I find in the shops. I also find that there is just something captivating about the past and history and by wearing clothes of a certain period, I am also momentarily a part of said age. 

Perhaps, this is also my rendition of Grace Kelly's ubiquitous fashion which still inspires countless of looks that grace the glossed pages of fashion magazines. Since a time machine doesn't exist, I guess I will just have to invent my own Back to the Past experience by donning the clothes of the past. To be precise, this outfit incorporates a mix of modern and vintage which perfectly describes my ideal look. My friends whom I was out said that I look like I walked out of the 80s or that I remind me of an old high school teacher so let me know your thoughts. Which period do you think I best belong to?

Because I'm falling in love so badly with this hat, you will be seeing it a lot in upcoming outfit posts.


I don't know about you but I'm particularly loving the shadow effect, it is like one there are two personas going on in this one shot. If you look closely at my facial expression, I guess I was doing a bit of a timid, slightly scared expression but on the flip side, in contrast to this is the shadow contrasting against this which portrays a more confident and bold person.

Outfit Details:
Hat: Montanna by Lack of Color
Top: Vintage from my mother's wardrobe
Scarf: Also from my mother's wardrobe
Skirt: Vintage Valentino
Shoes: Marc Jacobs
Bag: Case bag- Celine

Final photo! 
Guys getting a twirling shot is really hard so apologies for not being able to show you how awesome this A-line vintage Valentino skirt is. Photo were taken by a friend of mine at the park opposite Bourke St Bakery in Surry Hills for those curious. To replicate the vintage look, simply find yourself a good long A-line skirt that flares slightly out and pair it with a good blouse, the rest is up to your imagination. 





0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Updates

Meet The Author

Welcome to my blog and enjoy exploring my posts about food and fashion. And if you really must know more about me then you'll find an 'About me' tab at the top or if you're too lazy to do that then just click here


Lots of love

X

Shirley